You will find information in the site belonging to the three main categories shown below. You can always go to the categories by using the tabs on the top of the site. Click through the individual links or go to the listing of all the posts, by clicking on the category link.
Indian Classical on Guitar
Have a look at the musicianself youtube channel. You will find Carnatic based songs played on the guitar, showing the basic fingering, frets – strings and playing method (hammer ons, pull offs, slides).
Here is a list of Arohana Avarohana of Indian Ragas. It will be populated in time.
Detailed instruction? Video lessons with detailed instruction that will help you start with and play complete Indian classical compositions on the guitar.
Indian Music and Western Harmony
If you are interested in understanding Indian ragas, especially with relation to western music, western theory and western harmony, you will find resources in the Indian Music section. Raga for Chords, using simple minor and major chords for any Raga by making appropriate changes… Below are a few articles to start with.
- Big, small and one more – Indian music notation (Sa ri Ga ma) & Western Interval Naming – 2 & 3 note systems
- Understanding South Indian Classical Music (Carnatic) Raga Mayamalavagowla – Interval structure, Basic analysis, Comparisons, Modes, Finding Chords
- 6 prominent ragas from each mode of the major scale
- Playing chords for Ragas, starting with chords for Geetams
- Long list of Indian Ragas that can be played using the major and minor chords without any modifications
Playing the Guitar
Starting to play the guitar? Looking for making your playing better? Better methods to help you play guitar in a more efficient and satisfying manner? Below are a few articles to start with. Find more at Guitar that Matters section.
- How to play the guitar – Hand and finger best practices when playing the guitar
- Warm up with and without guitar
- Guitar 101 – Standard tuning, chromatic scales, sequence of notes, fretboard
- What is in a name – Chord naming and building series – Building from blocks
- First step to freedom – Interval / Note relation cards in all 12 pitches
- Fretboard relations – string fret relations that matter
- How do you start playing rhythms on the guitar? Rhythm guitar basics
Making your music – Recording, Mixing, Sequencers, Effects
- Reverb Effect Explained – Get your reverb right + vocal reverb tips
- Solo vocalist's or Karaoke artist's guide to good recording of your singing
- Start recording music – Choosing our equipment – audio interface
- Musician on budget
More at the Making music section.